So when I'm tooling around town I like to have my hands free and carry a small bag for convenience. I picked this one up at Nordstrom Rack in July and have carried it almost everyday since. It's a B. Makowski which used to be one of my favorite handbags but took a turn for the worse popping up on HSN all the time so I stopped buying them but when I found this little guy I couldn't resist because it fits more than my Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac. My wallet is a Marc Jacobs one I found in Nordstrom Boca and I bought it because I'm obsessed with the greige color and the sparrow, the makeup bag was a score I got at a Nordstrom in Michigan and I love the way the shade pops with the leopard print of the inside of the bag, plus it says '10 minute makeover' which is exactly what it holds for me! When I decided to do this post I wanted it to be a 'real' what's in my bag post so I didn't clean anything to make it perfect or add items to impress anyone... I just shot what I actually carry and yes, I did notice that I desperately need one more shade of pink lipgloss (completely kidding - I know I have a problem but this is a judgement free zone, right?).
Here's what I have, section by section...
- Tarte Smooth Operator Powder: a very soft slightly mattifying powder that replaced my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim. I carry this in my tiny bag because the packaging is much flatter and the dainty brush fits right inside the compact.
- Too Faced travel size Chocolate Soleil Bronzer with the little kabuki brush it came with.
- Bobbi Brown Concealer which is in a light peach shade that can lighten under my eyes if it's been a long day and I need a little pick-me-up!
- Travel size Anastasia Covet Liner in Noir which I carry in case I need to switch my day time makeup to a night look on the fly.
Oh lord... this is where I always need to edit down but rarely do.
- MAC Liner in Subculture which is my go-to every day liner. It literally goes with everything and looks so natural.
- MAC Liner in Dynamo which I rarely use but it is my favorite bright liner so I keep it in case I want to switch any of my lip colors to a bright bold shade (and it goes beautifully with MAC Retro Matte in Relentlessly Red).
- NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait
- Tanya Burr Gloss in Exotic Island
- Sephora Gloss in Pin-up-Pink
- Laura Mercier Gloss in Nude Prism
- Tanya Burr Gloss in Picnic in the Park
- Hourglass Lipstick in Grace
- Sephora Lip Balm in Unique Pink which I keep because when I'm with the BF I like to pop this on because it's not sticky and the color adjusts with my body temperature so it never leaves any product on him *wink wink*
- Sephora Travel Brush
- 3 hair bands so in case a friend needs one I can be a hero for a moment.
- A variety of bobby pins again in various colors in case you can save the day when a girl in your group is having a hair mishap.
- A smushed Kind Bar
- A sequenced koozie because I was told upon arriving in Texas that every Texas girl needs one
- Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizer in Stress Relief which is chosen for obvious reasons
- Hello Breath Spray in Mojito Mint
- Philosophy Roller Ball in Falling in Love
- Vintage pill case with my emergency stash
- Altoids Smalls which I fill with Breath Saver Mints (shhhh) because I don't love Altoids but the tin is perfectly sized!
- Kate Spade Card Holder with business cards
You know my obsession so it shouldn't shock you that I travel with an entire arsenal for everything I might need to get a friend or myself out of a brow bind.
- Anastasia Tweezers
- Anastasia Scissors
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in both Brunette & Medium Ash shades.
- Body Shop Almond Cuticle Oil with a cuticle pusher! I freaking love this stuff but they are always sold out. I fear they are trying to discontinue it on me!
- Mini nail file for those occasional rough edges.
I'd love to see what's in your bag so if you post it on Instagram use the #BobbyPinsandBlush and if I find something you carry that I desperately need to add to mine, I will send you one of my favorite items!