There is nothing easier than wearing your hair in a big ballerina bun especially when you want to make yesterday’s blowout last another day. You can start with curled or straight hair, it won’t make a difference as long as it’s smooth.
You’ll need the following:
- Hair Donut
- Bobby Pins (in your matching hair color)
- An elastic
- Medium Weight Hair Spray
Follow these steps to create your own version:
- Brush your hair into a high pony tail & secure with an elastic.
- Put the pony tail through the donut. You can use a few bobby pins to secure the donut but you do not have to, I did not.
- Split the pony tail hair in half putting one half towards the back and one half towards the front.
- Pick a direction, right or left, and start loosely wrapping the hair towards the front over the donut, pinning as you go. If your hair is really long like this model you will want to tuck some of the hair under the donut to create less of a wrapped look. You also may need a larger donut. If your hair is thinner or shorter you can tease the side closest to your head to give it a little bulk. Next do the same with the back portion of the hair.
- Take a look at all sides and make sure that you like how it looks and remember it’s even better when it looks a little haphazard so it looks more modern. Give it a good spray all the way around and PRESTO! You’re done.
Pack a few bobby pins in your pocket just in case you need to give your bun a little extra reinforcement throughout the day.
Please share your recreation on Instagram by tagging @Bobbypinsandblush or #BobbyPinsandBlush